Joomla!® is one of the worlds most popular CMS platforms.
- Joomla! is one of the worlds most popular content management system (CMS) platforms
- Since 2006, it has been downloaded more than 45 million times with a new download every 2.5 seconds.
- Joomla! holds a unique place in the Open Source community being the only non-corporate backed, community driven CMS platform in the world.
- Joomla! also implements modern programming standards using Object Oriented Programming and wrapping things up with a strong MVC design pattern.
- Joomla.org has seen fast-paced growth since it's beginnings in 2006 and receives millions of visits.
- The Joomla! CMS is one of the most widely translated CMS's with 67 languages currently supported.
- Joomla! has won numours awards and has one of the most active Open Source communities with it's own online community magazine, featuring hundreds of articles published in the last three years, and 2.8 million posts by 619,914 registered Forum members.
- Over the past 12 months, there's been 29 international, community-organized JoomlaDay events.
- Once you start with Joomla!, you can extend it with one or several of the over 7000 extensions available from the Joomla! community
- Seeing how about 3.3% of the entire internet (and 9.5% of all CMS web sites) runs Joomla!, chances are some of the sites you visit everyday are runned by this powerful platform.
So what are you waiting for? Go to http://www.joomla.org for more information and to get started!
Official Joomla! video channel: http://www.youtube.com/joomla
Also visit the JoomlaDay SA VIMEO channel to view videos from last year's event.